Rev My Engine - All Natural Male Enhancement As men age, they may start to experience a decline in their sexual performance. This can be frustrating and embarrassing. Luckily, there...Read More
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options
Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED) may feel embarrassed, frustrated, and ashamed.
Fortunately, there are a number of effective treatment options available today that can help men overcome ED and enjoy a healthy and fulfilling sex life.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
In order to select the most effective treatment option, it is important to first understand the underlying causes of ED.
In many cases, ED is caused by a combination of physical and psychological factors.
Physical causes of ED can include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Sleep disorders
- Drug or alcohol abuse
Psychological causes of ED can include:
- Relationship problems
Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction
The most effective treatment option for ED will vary from one man to the next, depending on the underlying causes of the condition.
In some cases, a combination of different treatment options may be recommended.
Some of the most common treatment options for ED include:
- Oral medications – These drugs are taken by mouth in the form of tablets or capsules. They include sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra) . They work by relaxing the muscles in the penis and increasing blood flow to the area, which leads to an erection.
- Injections – These drugs are injected into the side of the penis. They include alprostadil (Caverject), papaverine (Pavabid), and phentolamine (Regitine) . They work by relaxing the muscles in the penis and increasing blood flow to the area, which leads to an erection.
- Pellet therapy – This therapy involves placing a pellet of alprostadil (MUSE) into the urethra (the tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body). The pellet is absorbed into the lining of the urethra, which leads to an erection.
- Surgery – In some cases, surgery may be recommended to correct a physical cause of ED, such as the removal of blockages in the arteries that supply blood to the penis.
- Penile implants – This is a surgical procedure that involves placing a device inside the penis that can provide erections on demand.