Male Enhancement Supplements At Walmart (Male Enlargement EXPOSED!) Male enhancement supplements are not only found in adult stores anymore. You can now find them at your local Walmart. However, there...Read More
Psychological Erectile Dysfunction
It is a common myth that erectile dysfunction (ED) is caused by low testosterone levels. However, the reality is that psychological factors are responsible for up to 90% of all cases of ED. This is why it is sometimes referred to as “psychological erectile dysfunction” (PED).
The most common psychological causes of ED include:
- Anxiety – This can be caused by performance anxiety, relationship anxiety, or even work-related stress. Anxiety can lead to ED by causing you to become tense and anxious during sexual encounters, which can lead to difficulties achieving or sustaining an erection.
- Depression – Depression is a common cause of ED. Depression can lead to ED by causing you to lose interest in sex, making it difficult to get or maintain an erection.
- Stress – Stress can be caused by a variety of factors, such as work stress, family stress, or relationship stress. Stress can lead to ED by causing you to become tense and anxious during sexual encounters, which can lead to difficulties achieving or sustaining an erection.
- Low self-esteem – Low self-esteem can lead to ED by causing you to believe that you are not good enough for sexual encounters, which can lead to difficulties achieving or sustaining an erection.
If you are experiencing ED, it is important to see a doctor to rule out any underlying medical causes. However, if your ED is caused by psychological factors, there are a number of treatment options available. Treatment options for PED include:
- Counselling – Counselling can help you to identify and address the underlying psychological causes of your ED. Counselling can also help you to learn how to manage stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Sex therapy – Sex therapy can help you to learn how to communicate with your partner about sexual encounters, which can help to reduce anxiety and improve sexual encounters.
- Medication – Medication can be used to treat anxiety, depression, and stress. Medication can also be used to improve sexual function.