Effective erectile dysfunction treatment and cures Erectile dysfunction treatment begins with a thorough evaluation by a physician to determine the underlying cause. If the cause is determined to be physical,...Read More
Erectile Dysfunction Causes And Solutions
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition that affects a man’s ability to achieve or maintain an erection. It can be caused by physical or psychological problems.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction can include:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- metabolic syndrome (a combination of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity)
- Parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis
- low testosterone
- injury to the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Peyronie’s disease (a condition that affects the shape of the penis)
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction can include:
- relationship problems
Solutions for erectile dysfunction
There are a number of solutions for erectile dysfunction, including:
- Medication: There are a number of oral medications that can be used to treat erectile dysfunction. These include phosphodiesterase inhibitors such as sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra).
- Vacuum devices: These devices are simple pumps that create a vacuum around the penis. The vacuum draws blood into the penis, which makes it erect. The device is then removed and a rubber ring is placed around the base of the penis to keep the blood from flowing out.
- Injections: Alprostadil is a medication that can be injected into the penis to cause an erection.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be needed to repair damage to the arteries or veins that supply blood to the penis.
If you are experiencing erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor. There are a number of effective treatments available.