New Flow XL Male Enhancement :Reviews, Shark Tank, Price New Flow XL is a male enhancement supplement that has been getting a lot of attention lately. The reason for this...Read More
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep an erection. It can be caused by physical problems, psychological factors, or a combination of both. ED can be a sign of health problems. It can also be a side effect of certain medications. If you have ED, it does not mean you are infertile. It can be treated. There are many options available. The first step is to talk to your doctor.
There are many things that can cause ED. Physical causes include:
- Heart disease
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic syndrome – a condition that includes high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease – a condition in which the tissue of the penis is damaged
- Low testosterone
- Certain medications, such as those used to treat high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety
- Sleep disorders
Psychological causes include:
- Relationship problems
There are many treatment options available. The type of treatment that is best for you will depend on the cause of your ED and your symptoms. Treatment options include:
- Oral medications. These include sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra). They work by increasing blood flow to the penis. They are taken 30-60 minutes before sexual activity. They can be taken with or without food. They work for most men. But they may not work for men with certain medical conditions. They can cause side effects, such as headache, flushing, and dizziness.
- Penile injections. These injections are usually given by a health care provider. They work by increasing blood flow to the penis. They are usually given 1-2 times a week. They can cause side effects, such as pain, bruising, and swelling.
- Vacuum devices. These devices are placed over the penis. They pump the air out of the cylinder to create a vacuum. This causes blood to flow into the penis. The device is then removed. An erection can be achieved for up to 30 minutes. The device must be used with a condom. It can cause bruising, numbness, and pain.
- Penile implants. These are devices that are surgically implanted into the penis. They allow you to have an erection for up to 6 hours. They can cause pain and infection.
- Counseling. This can help you manage stress, anxiety, and relationship problems. It can also help you learn how to be more comfortable with your body and your sexual activity.
- Lifestyle changes. These include losing weight, quitting smoking, and exercising. They can help improve blood flow to the penis.