Get Rock Hard Erections Whenever You Want || Cure Erectile Dysfunction Permanently Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep an erection. It can be caused by physical...Read More
How Common is Erectile Dysfunction in Young Men
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or maintain an erection. It’s sometimes called impotence.
Most men have occasional bouts of ED.
In fact, ED affects up to 30 million American men.
However, ED is more common in older men. It affects about 5% of men in their 40s and 15% to 25% of men by age 65.
Still, ED is not an inevitable part of getting older. Even if you have difficulties with your erection occasionally, you should still be able to get an erection and enjoy sexual intercourse or masturbation.
If you’re unable to get an erection more than 25% of the time, it’s a good idea to see your doctor.
There are many possible causes of ED, and they can include both emotional and physical disorders.
In some cases, a combination of psychological and physical factors contributes to erectile dysfunction.
Common physical causes include:
- cardiovascular disease
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis
- certain prescription medications — such as antidepressants, blood pressure medications, cancer chemotherapy medications and pills for stomach ulcers or heartburn
- substance abuse — such as alcoholism or the use of illegal drugs
- tobacco use
Common psychological causes include:
- relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
- stress from work, financial stress or poor sexual experiences
In some cases, ED is caused by a combination of physical and psychological problems.
Certain lifestyle choices can contribute to erectile dysfunction. These include:
- drinking too much alcohol
- using illegal drugs
- not exercising
- being overweight
- having sleep disorders or sleep apnea
Erectile dysfunction can be a symptom of other health problems.
It may be a sign of heart disease or diabetes.
It can also affect your sexual relationships and cause low self-esteem.
There are many possible treatments for erectile dysfunction. These include: