Best Male Enhancement Pills - Ginkgo Biloba (N.Oxide) - Natural Aphrodisiac To Increase Libido Ginkgo biloba is a popular male enhancement pill ingredient, and for good reason. This natural supplement...Read More
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
It’s estimated that 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED). While the prevalence of ED increases with age, it’s not an inevitable part of getting older.
So what causes ED? While the causes may be different for each man, there are some common factors that can lead to erectile dysfunction.
Common Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Some of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction include:
- Physical health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease
- psychological conditions such as anxiety and depression
- use of certain medications
- injury to the penis, prostate, bladder, or pelvis
- alcohol or drug abuse
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is the first sign of an underlying physical health problem.
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Treated?
The good news is that erectile dysfunction is a treatable condition. In most cases, all you need is a consultation with your doctor to find out the underlying cause of your ED and to figure out the best treatment plan for you.
There are a number of effective treatments for erectile dysfunction, including:
- Oral medications: These are the most common treatments for erectile dysfunction. They include drugs such as sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra). These medications work by relaxing the muscles in the penis and increasing blood flow to the area.
- Penis injections: These injections into the penis can be used to treat erectile dysfunction. They work by relaxing the muscles in the penis and increasing blood flow to the area.
- Vacuum devices: These devices are often used in the short-term treatment of erectile dysfunction. They work by creating a vacuum that pulls blood into the penis.
- Penis pumps: These pumps are also often used in the short-term treatment of erectile dysfunction. They work by creating a vacuum that pulls blood into the penis.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be needed to treat erectile dysfunction. This may be done to repair damage to the arteries that supply blood to the penis or to repair damage to the nerves that control erections.
If you’re concerned about erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor. He or she can help you figure out the cause of your ED and find the best treatment for you.