Erection Problem & Shockwave therapy for Erectile Dysfunction Erectile Dysfunction treatment ED Erectile dysfunction is a sexual disorder that affects men of all ages. It can be caused by physical...Read More
Primary causes of erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence, is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. It can be caused by physical or psychological factors.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction include:
- Diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure
- Injuries to the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Certain medications such as blood pressure medications, antidepressants, and antihistamines
- Tobacco use including cigarettes, cigars, and chewing tobacco
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Peyronie’s disease – a condition in which the penis is bent or curved due to a buildup of plaque in the tissues
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction include:
- Anxiety about sexual performance
- Stress from work, family, or other issues
- Relationship problems such as communication difficulties, lack of trust, or conflict
- Sexual abuse or trauma
Certain factors can increase your risk of erectile dysfunction, including:
- Age – erectile dysfunction is more common as men get older
- Family history – if your father or brother has erectile dysfunction, you may be more likely to have it as well
- Metabolic syndrome – a condition that includes high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and abnormal cholesterol levels
- Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hormone problems such as low testosterone levels
If you have erectile dysfunction, it can affect your quality of life and your relationship with your partner. Talk to your doctor about all of your treatment options, including medications, surgery, and lifestyle changes.