How To Cure Low Libido Problem With Natural Male Enhancement Remedies? A low libido can be extremely frustrating. You want to be interested in sex, but your body just doesn't...Read More
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. It can be a total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or a tendency to sustain only brief erections.
There are many possible causes of ED, and they can be either physical or psychological. Physical causes include atherosclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity. Psychological causes include anxiety, depression, stress, and relationship problems.
ED can have a negative impact on a man’s quality of life, affecting his self-esteem, his relationships, and his ability to participate in activities he enjoys. Fortunately, there are a number of treatments available that can effectively manage ED.
There are a number of oral medications that can be used to treat ED. These include:
- Sildenafil (Viagra) – This is the most well-known ED medication, and is effective in treating ED that is caused by physical factors. It works by relaxing the muscles in the penis, allowing blood to flow in and producing an erection.
- Tadalafil (Cialis) – This medication is similar to sildenafil, but has a longer duration of action. It can be effective in treating ED that is caused by physical or psychological factors.
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn) – This medication is also similar to sildenafil and tadalafil, but has a shorter duration of action. It is effective in treating ED that is caused by physical or psychological factors.
- Avanafil (Stendra) – This is a newer medication that is similar to sildenafil, tadalafil, and vardenafil. It has a shorter duration of action and is effective in treating ED that is caused by physical or psychological factors.
In addition to oral medications, there are other treatments that can be used to treat ED. These include:
- Penile injections – These injections are typically used in men who do not respond to oral medications. They work by relaxing the muscles in the penis, allowing blood to flow in and producing an erection.
- Vacuum devices – These devices are simple mechanical pumps that can be used to produce an erection. They work by drawing blood into the penis and trapping it there, allowing the user to maintain an erection for a period of time.
- Penile implants – These are devices that are surgically implanted into the penis. They allow the user to have an erection by manually activating the device.
ED is a common problem, and there are a number of effective treatments available. If you are experiencing ED, talk to your doctor about the best treatment option for you.