Best Selling Male Enhancement Pills | Natural Male Enhancement Looking for the best selling male enhancement pills? Check out our top 3 picks for natural male enhancement pills that will...Read More
Acidity | Stomach Problem, Causes , Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment by Homeo Dr. Zeeshan Saeed Qazi
Acidity is a common problem these days. It is a condition when there is an excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach normally secretes hydrochloric acid. This acid is required for the breakdown of food during digestion.
There are various factors that can lead to an increase in the acid secretion by the stomach. These include stress, smoking, eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, etc. Acidity can also be caused by certain medical conditions such as ulcers, gastritis, etc.
Acidity can lead to various symptoms such as heartburn, indigestion, belching, bloating, etc. It can also cause damage to the lining of the stomach and esophagus. Acidity can be treated with the help of antacids. However, it is always better to prevent the problem by making some lifestyle changes.
Causes of Acidity
There are various factors that can lead to acidity. These include:
- Stress: Stress is one of the most common causes of acidity. Stress can lead to an increase in the production of acid by the stomach.
- Smoking: Smoking can also lead to acidity. Smoking can irritate the lining of the stomach and increase the production of acid.
- Eating spicy food: Eating spicy food can also trigger acidity. Spicy food can irritate the lining of the stomach and increase the production of acid.
- Drinking alcohol: Drinking alcohol can also lead to acidity. Alcohol can irritate the lining of the stomach and increase the production of acid.
Symptoms of Acidity
The symptoms of acidity include:
- Heartburn: This is the most common symptom of acidity. Heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest that is caused by the reflux of acid from the stomach.
- Indigestion: Indigestion is another common symptom of acidity. It is characterized by a feeling of fullness and bloating after meals.
- Belching: Belching is another symptom of acidity. It is caused by the accumulation of gas in the stomach.
- Bloating: Bloating is another symptom of acidity. It is caused by the accumulation of gas in the stomach.
Treatment of Acidity
Acidity can be treated with the help of antacids. Antacids are medications that neutralize the acid in the stomach. However, antacids should be taken only on the advice of a doctor.
Acidity can also be treated with the help of lifestyle changes. These include avoiding spicy food, smoking, and drinking alcohol. Stress can also be managed with the help of relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation.